Pioneer Square on the Rise
“Seattle’s original downtown is getting its groove back, with shops popping up left and right along the historic sidewalks.” – Visit Seattle
“Pioneer Square shines after revitalization of Seattle’s oldest neighborhood” – MyNorthwest.com.
There’s no way around it: not only is Pioneer Square on the rise, it’s already risen, and part of that rise includes the influx of an impressive array of top-tier restaurants and eateries. It’s impossible to choose just one good one, so here five of the best locales to get your grub on in Pioneer Square.
- Il Corvo – Handmade pasta perfection with a lunch menu that’s updated daily. Every day is something new, and it’s guaranteed to be delicious.
- Tat’s Delicatessen – A bustling deli right across the street from us with Philly cheesesteaks that would make both sides of the Pat’s and Geno’s rivalry proud.
- Salumi – Just about the only member of the Batali family who doesn’t work at Salumi is Mario. Founder Armandino (Mario’s father) works alongside wife, daughter, and son-in-law to make this artisanal Italian meats shop a true family joint. Oh, and the food is pretty good too.
- Sprout – Talk about local: Sprout is located right at the base of Smith Tower, and specializes in garden fresh salads, wraps, smoothies, and froyo. Both healthy and delicious, you can have your cake and eat it too at Sprout. Well, not “cake,” per se. You get what we mean.
- Taylor Shellfish & Oyster Bar – Shellfish heaven. #tidetotable. However you want to describe it, it’s simply delicious seafood.
And, last but not least, how could we not mention our new Provisions general store? Provisions offers grab-and-go fare and is perfect for visitors and tenants alike…